Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eagerly Awaiting

We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little girl. The hardest part is the waiting. Part of me really likes surprises
so I'm hesitant to want to know the exact date of when she will arrive. At the same time, it would be kind of nice to
know so that we can be planning our lives in the mean time. I was having these thoughts during my time with the
Lord this morning. He then brought to mind how I should do the same thing spiritually. I should be actively
awaiting and preparing for the Lord to return. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your
Lord will come. So, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect
him." Matt. 24:42, 44 I was challenged with this. I don't really think about the fact that Jesus could come back at
any moment. I just go on about my day as if that wasn't even a reality. Instead, just like with getting ready for the
baby to arrive, I should be learning all I can about Him, talking about Him with others and looking forward to the
day He'll come, even asking Him to come. For me, to have the attitude of expectancy, I have to ask God to give it to
me, to make me aware of the fact he's coming back. I hope this is as encouraging and challenging to you as it was to
me.

1 comment:

TheFrazers said...

She'll come so soon! Enjoy these last days alone with your husband. The best advice we got: do lots of things together in theses las days-dinner out, walks,movies, etc. Have fun memories together of waiting for your baby to arrive.